Delete current default settings, or the cache, data or sessions directories
gmt clear all | cache | defaults | data | sessions [ -V[level] ]
Note: No space is allowed between the option flag and the associated arguments.
The clear command allows users to delete their entire user cache, data, or sessions directories, and in modern mode their defaults settings (i.e., gmt.conf), or all of the above.
- Deletes all the items under the control of the individual targets.
- Delete the current defaults (gmt.conf) file used for the current modern session.
- Delete the user’s cache directory and all of its contents.
- Delete the user’s data download directory and all of its contents.
- Delete the user’s sessions directory.
- -V[level] (more …)
- Select verbosity level [c].
- -^ or just -
- Print a short message about the syntax of the command, then exits (NOTE: on Windows just use -).
- -+ or just +
- Print an extensive usage (help) message, including the explanation of any module-specific option (but not the GMT common options), then exits.
- -? or no arguments
- Print a complete usage (help) message, including the explanation of all options, then exits.
To remove the current default settings in a modern mode session, use:
gmt clear defaults
To completely wipe your GMT cache directory, try:
gmt clear cache